Disability Royal Commission
- Royal Commission into Disability will cover all forms of violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation of people with disability, in all settings and context.
- Expression Australia supports the Royal Commission into Disability and the improvements that the Commission wants to achieve for all people who are Deaf or living with a disability.
- We oppose any abuse, neglect or exploitation that may have taken place against people who are Deaf or who have a disability.
- We support our clients and community’s rights to make submissions as part of the enquiry both with our accessibility support and, if someone has a complaint, against our services.
- Expression Australia believes in transparent and open conversations, which may help us to improve our service provision to our clients and community.
If you would like to know more or to stay up to date with all Royal Commission activities, please visit https://disability.royalcommission.gov.au
If you would like to make a submission to the Commission or would like to view the Auslan videos about the Commission, click the buttons below:
Deaf Victoria have received funding from the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to provide information to the community about the Disability Royal Commission. You can view their resources below: