Auslan Update - 09 June, 2021
Yesterday, the largest number of organised crime arrests in one day in South Australia.
- Forty South Australians were arrested yesterday in relation to Australia’s largest crime *sting called “Operation Ironside”.
- Police tricked underworld criminals to use an app, called ANOM (designed by police), for communications about plans for executions, mass drugs importations and money laundering.
- Police have seized $1.9 million in cash, drugs, cars, boats, motorbikes and luxury goods.
- The accused were charged with offences including conspiracy to murder, drug trafficking, firearm tracking and possession and money laundering.
Melbourne's restrictions change from Friday as state records one new local case.
- a 25-kilometre travel bubble to be introduced,
- Masks will no longer be required outdoors but must be worn indoors except in the home.
- Outdoor gatherings will be increased to 10 people but visitors to homes are still banned.
- Lots of changes have been made such as:
- Restaurants and cafes can reopen with a max of 50 inside.
- Retail can reopen with density limit of 1 person per 4 square meters.
- Visitors to homes up to two adults per day plus children
- Outdoor gatherings increased to 20 people
- Restaurants and cafes up to 150 for seated service with up to 75 allowed indoors
Acting Premier James Merlino said the plan was to further ease restrictions again next Thursday night, on June 17, including lifting the 25-kilometre travel limit.
Full list of new limits in Melbourne and Regional Victoria here: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-09/melbourne-covid-lockdown-to-be-lifted-from-friday/100200396