Underworld crime boss Bilal Hamze shot and killed in Sydney's CBD overnight.
- Bilal Hamze was found in a critical condition on Bridge Street near Circular Quay and died a short time after being rushed to hospital
- The gunman is believed to have fled in a dark-coloured Audi after the drive-by
- Police are concerned about possible reprisal attacks because of the high-profile nature of the shooting
- Mr Hamze was the cousin of Brothers 4 Life gang leader and murderer Bassam Hamzy, who is serving time in Goulburn Supermax Jail
- Other members of the Hamze family have previously been injured and killed in other gang shootings
- It's unclear why Bilal Hamze was targeted, but sources believe it may be drug related.
US set to celebrate end of slavery on new Juneteenth federal public holiday.
- Juneteenth commemorates the day when Union soldiers informed enslaved people in Galveston, Texas, they were now free
- This will be the first new federal holiday in the US since Martin Luther King Day was created in 1983
- Many states already recognise Juneteenth as a holiday or have an official observance
- Joe Biden signed a bill into law on Thursday and said this will be one of the “greatest honors” while serving as President.