From yesterday Victoria has found just one new community transmission case of COVID-19.
- The new case is a close primary contact of someone else who tested positive, and they have been quarantining for the whole time they have been infectious.
- Acting Premier James Merlino confirmed yesterday that Victoria is still on track for further easing of restrictions later this week.
- Today he will meet with National Cabinet to discuss vaccination distribution.
NSW has found 2 new community transmission cases.
- This brings the Bondi cluster to 11 cases.
Over the weekend Brazil’s COVID-19 death toll passed 500, 000, the second country to have this many deaths after the United States.
- Protests were held across 44 cities, criticizing the government, especially the president, for not doing enough to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- President Jair Bolsonaro has referred to COVID-19 as a ‘little flu’, still refuses to acknowledge safety precautions (eg. social distancing) as effective.
- Citizens are angry about the slow rollout of the vaccine and the fact that the government passed up opportunities to get the vaccine delivered to the country earlier.
- Currently just 11% of their population are fully vaccinated, 29% have had their first shot.
- Brazil's Senate will have a special investigation into the government's handling of the pandemic.