Auslan Staff Interpreter
Expression Australia connects people who are Deaf and hard of hearing to the life they want to lead - through ensuring better access, inclusion and equal opportunity.
Our Language Services department Auslan Connections is a leading provider of Auslan-English Interpreting, Deaf Interpreting, Live Captioning, note taking, transcription and translation services, and is experiencing significant growth in demand. As a result of growing demand we are seeking to expand our staff interpreting team, and are seeking expressions of interest for full-time staff interpreter positions.
Expression Australia is committed to supporting and developing our Interpreting workforce in order to meet the needs of the community. Benefits of working as a staff interpreter include ability to work as part of a team, participate in department specific and organisation wide activities, Professional Development, paid annual and personal leave, technology/IT needs provided, and travel reimbursement.
- Provide a professional and accurate Auslan interpreting and translation services, that may include face to face, telephone and, video remote interpreting (VRI), as well as captioning and translation to a broad range of clients according to business needs
- Adhere to OHS guidelines and take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and health and safety of others
- Maintain your NAATI certification and demonstrate commitment to maintaining and developing your skills through regular participation in Professional Development
- Model professional behaviours at all times, and develop positive working relationships with Deaf and hearing customers and stakeholders
- Be available to work fulltime from Monday to Friday, 38 hours per week
- Own or have access to a vehicle that you can use for work related travel
- Have a flexible and adaptable nature with a willingness to work in a wide range of settings across the metropolitan area
- Excellent time management skills, and able to work in a face to face and online settings.
- Excellent technology skills including confidence working across common platforms such as Zoom, MS Teams, Bluejeans, Webex, Telehealth etc
For more detailed information about this position, please see the Position Description.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you want to work for Expression Australia to: email@example.com - using the subject line: [Your name] – Staff Interpreter.
Applications can be submitted in Auslan or English
Applications without a cover letter specific to this position will not be considered.
Applications Close: 12pm Friday 25 June 2021.