Project Manager - DET
Expression Australia connects people who are Deaf and hard of hearing to the life they want to lead - through ensuring better access, inclusion and equal opportunity.
Expression Australia provides vital Auslan-English interpreting services that allows communication within our community and understands the critical supply and demand issue of interpreters, and the barriers and impacts this has on Deaf and Hard of Hearing students undertaking study in the TAFE sector.
The Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET) has funded a grant for Expression Australia to build and deliver the Language and Service Provider model (LSP) for Interpreters in the TAFE sector (previously known as CABS).
The aim of this model is to ensure all Victorians have equitable access to quality education and training. In particular, as economic trends indicate a more complex, competitive, and highly skilled job market will require the Victorian Vocational and Education and Training (VET) system to adapt to ensure the VET system is high quality and accessible to all Victorians pursing study in the VET sector.
Expression Australia is looking for a Project Manager to lead and execute this project as well as work with industry and VET Sector Stakeholders to:
- Design an intern program that builds on the content of the RMIT Diploma of Interpreting to contextualise learning in the workplace. The aim of this program is to provide students with appropriate professional engagement in preparedness for entering the workforce following successful NAATI Certification. This includes coordinating students to observe/work in the TAFE environment with supported senior interpreters.
- Develop targeted professional development for Educational Interpreters working in conjunction with relevant Deaf Education and Interpreter stakeholders
- Map and assess the Interpreter career pathway to identify weaknesses in the career journey.
This is a part time role fixed term role (6 months), 19 hours per week.
- Experience delivering or directing projects
- Relevant qualifications in the project or VET field
- Knowledge of Auslan and the Australian Deaf Community
- Interpreting sector knowledge
- Project management certification (Prince 2, Agile, PMP or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience leading high performing teams
- Skilful communicator
For more detailed information about this position, please read the Position Description
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your skills and experience, and why you want work with Expression Australia to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line [Your name] – Project Manager, DET
Applications can be submitted in Auslan or English.
Applications without a cover letter specific to this position will not be considered.
Applications Close: 12pm Friday 25 June. However, candidates may be contacted before the application close date.