Expression Australia connects people who are Deaf and hard of hearing to the life they want to lead - through ensuring better access, inclusion and equal opportunity.
Expression Australia is seeking a full-time Translator to join our team.
The purpose of this role is to provide expert advice and language consultancy in order to ensure the delivery of high quality, accessible translations for Expression Australia and external clients.
The role also involves presenting and may involve Deaf Interpreting.
This role is based at East Melbourne with the opportunity for part time flexible working from home arrangements based on business requirements.
- Working closely with Video Productions, provide assistance with quoting for projects and services and in understanding or developing project briefs
- Provide clear and effective translation of information from English to Auslan and present in an Auslan format that reflects the intended audience
- Provide pre-production translation assistance so that scripts are prepared for Deaf presenters
- Provide post production quality assurance to ensure Auslan presentation is professional, clear, easy to understand and effective.
- Deaf presenting (being filmed for Auslan translations)
- Deaf Interpreting on an ad-hoc basis
- Experience in Translation Auslan-English
- Knowledge and understanding of the Deaf Community.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders across organisational hierarchies.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to work autonomously
- NAATI Certification will be highly regarded but is not essential
For more detailed information about this position, please see the Position Description escription
To apply please email your resume and cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you want to work for Expression Australia to: firstname.lastname@example.org - using the subject line: [Your name] – Translator.
Applications can be submitted in Auslan or English
Applications without a cover letter specific to this position will not be considered.
Applications Close: 12pm Friday 25 June 2021.